l've been following this for a while to see where it leads. So, you go abroad to buy your tobacco because it saves you so much money. You do this even though the UKBA try everything they can think of to stop you in your legitimate pursuit.
Seems they are not content at this. lf you smoke Amber Leaf, Cutters Choice or even Golden Virginia in some cases, the shops in Belgium and Lux don't have any. This is because the shops cannot get hold of any because production has been stopped of these products on the behest of the UK Gov/UKBA. This embargo will last till the end of the year.
Yes, you are reading this right. The UK Gov/UKBA has 'instructed' the tobacco companies to restrict supplies of British brands of tobacco. Firstly l wonder what the share holders of these tobacco companies will make of this? These tobacco companies seem have as much balls as Pubco .... zilch!
This won't effect the organised smuggling in the slightest but it will effect the legitimate shopper. Personally if l smoked these brands l'd no longer shop legitimately, l'd get it from man with van man because his supplies won't be interrupted.
l've written to the tobacco companies about this but as yet have had no reply. This sort of action is against the whole pronciple of the EU but there again it was never meant for us mere citizens was it?
I'd never allow the UK Gov to dictate to me what l can and what l cannot buy ... even if it meant getting used to smoking foreign brands. I have a message for the UK Gov/UKBA and the tobacco companies that are implementing such a measure .......... Fuck you!
EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**