There you are, walking down a street in a town where nobody knows you and not a care in the world. A policeman approaches you and stops you. You are wondering why he's stopped you ... why should he? You have no criminal record, you definitely have not commited any offences, You are a law-abiding citizen going about your lawful business so what could he possibly want? He definitely doesn't know you.
He then asks you how much cash is your wallet. No, this isn't a joke, he wants to know how much cash you have in your wallet. Sorry ladies but this policeman may ask you how much cash you have in your handbag.
Oh, l forgot to tell you that you are in the UK and not some Banana Republic. lf you are fortunate enough to have £1000 or over, this policeman may then detain you because he 'suspects' that your money maybe proceeds of crime even though he's never met you before in his life and knows absolutely nothing about you.
Far-fetched? can't possibly happen? Ask Mr Mellor, the ex-cabinet minister, and he'll tell you different.
Welcome to the UKBA! .... and people still believe there isn't a police state!
EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**