"As of 1 January 2012 there was a €1.539 per Kilo +VAT(21%) in hand rolling tobacco, other rates stayed the same.
This will add approx €0.10 per 50gr pouch although many manufacturers have taken the opportunity to up prices further.
In order to comply with EC Directive 2010/12 The MINIMUM Tax on hand rolling tobacco has been raised from €43.13 per Kilo to €47.
This will have a disproportionate rise of €3.87 + VAT on the cheapest brands around €4.80 per Kilo (€0.24 per 50gr pouch)
So The cheapest brands @ €3.90 per 50 gr pouch will rise to at least €4.15. Twist Tobacco have already announced price increases to €4.20 on their €3.90 brands. All others will follow suit.
Prices are starting to come through now.
EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**