EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**
Average of 5,500 Vehicles seized by HMRC/UKBA per year ... sold £36.80 each?
ln their annual accounts HMRC state that it is not practicable to show monies received from sale of these vehicles ... however ... UKBA state that it is not practicable to show the number of vehicles seized since Customs were amalgamated into the UKBA on 1st April 2008. They do however estimate it to be over 5000 per year (from Feb 2010 UKBA)
UKBA do have statistics on something else though. ln their annual accounts they DO show the monies received from sale of seized vehicles and here is where it gets interesting.
They state in their 2009/10(Section 24) report :-
The agency also seized assets at the border. Tobacco and illegal substances are
destroyed but the agency did raise £432k (2008/09: £877k) from the sale of seized
vehicles with all proceeds going to HM Treasury.
And in their 2009/10 (Section 24) report they state :-
The agency also seized assets at the border. Tobacco and illegal substances are destroyed but the agency did raise £184k (2009-10: £432k) from the sale of seized vehicles with all proceeds going to HM Treasury.
WTF? .... they seize over 5000 vehicles per year, so lets be kind and use that figure of 5000 (the extra 500 or so we'll put down to people getting their vehicles back ... yeah right.)
ln 2008/9 .......... that equates to £175 per vehicle (£877k for 5000 vehicles)
ln 2009/10............. that equates to £86.40 per vehicle (£432k for 5000 vehicles)
and their latest figures equate to .. £36.80 per vehicle (£184k for 5000 vehicles)
These figures are insane but they come from their own accounts so wtf is going on? There's got to be something else surely? .... anyone???
KARMA! >>> here!She gets no sympathy from me