- " .... senior Customs staff agreed the terms of operational guidance which was sent to all senior managers, operational managers and senior officers of all teams in “South East England Collection”. They issued a single page document headed “Cross Channel Strategy …. Guidance to Efficient and Effective Handling of Excise Suspects …. To Be Adopted By All Multifunctional Anti Smuggling Teams”. This Guidance consisted of seven bullet points, in block capitals, as follows:
- “ZERO TOLERANCE
- NOTICE 1s ISSUED. IN ALL CASES WHEN EXCISE GOODS ARE ABOVE THE GUIDANCE LEVELS AND NOT SEIZED
- NED’s MUST BE COMPLETED WHEN NOTICE 1’s HAVE BEEN ISSUED INCLUDING NAME, ADDRESS AND DOB
- WHEN SUSPECTS HAVE HAD NOTICE 1 ISSUED BEFORE, THE ASSUMPTION MUST BE SEIZURE NOT SIMPLY ISSUING ANOTHER NOTICE 1
- THE OBJECTIVE IN ANY INTERCEPTION IS TO SEIZE GOODS IN EXCESS OF THE MILS. OFFICERS SHOULD ALWAYS LOOK FOR REASONS FOR SEIZING, NOT SIMPLY ISSUING A NOTICE 1
- WHEN A-J INTERVIEWS ARE CONDUCTED THE EXPECTATION IS THAT A SEIZURE WILL BE MADE
- FOR GOODS IN EXCESS OF THE MILS SEIZURES SHOULD ALWAYS BE MADE WHEN SUSPECTS HAVE HAD EXCISE GOODS SEIZED BEFORE.”
FFS people, stop going UNPREPARED! If you go unprepared you may as well have a sign on your forehead saying 'PLEASE ROB ME!'
The UKBA want you to trust them and go unprepared.
A Jewish friend of mine says that 'trust me' in Jewish means 'FUCK YOU' !!!!!
(rant over ... sort of)