What l thought l would do is look at the Dr herself, so l pulled up her page at Cardiff University. Firstly l noticed that she has no biography listed as other Dr's have on the same site. What qualifications she has is not listed so l have no idea what her doctorate refers to.
Secondly, l pulled up her research history but again, nothing listed.
Thirdly, l pulled up the publications that she was involved in and was astounded to find a list of them. Even more astoundig was the subject of these research publications, l really don't know what we would have done without such earth shattering research. Such as :-
1. Gender inequality in the risk of violence: material deprivation is linked to higher risk for adolescent girls.
2. Using geographical information systems to assess the equitable distribution of traffic-calming measures: translational research.
3. The advocacy in action study a cluster randomized controlled trial to reduce pedestrian injuries in deprived communities.
4. The influence of local politicians on pedestrian safety.
5. Modification of the home environment for the reduction of injuries.
6. Injuries in homes with certain built forms.
l couldn't read anymore of them as it was hurting my eyes and numbing my brain.
Our Dr Jones was not the only one involved in these researches, there were lots of others, God knows how much it cost to do these but l do know that we are funding them to do it. lf ever there was a department that is crying out to be cut ... this is certainly one of them.
So folks , l give you (l certainly don't want her) Dr Sarah Jones, big salary paid for by you to do research in things of no relevance whatsoever.
Maybe l can get funding for my research and publication l've just done here? ... worth a try.