Shall be away for a while due to taking some WW2 Vets back to France and in particular Normandy courtesy of Heroes Return. They were going in comfort in the big Merc S Class but the German car decided yesterday to develop a front wheel bearing fault. lt's noisy and getting noisier so decided to leave it as there is no time to fix it. So enter the Yanks and the Jeep, which we'll be taking instead ... maybe the gods are telling me something :)
We shall be crossing via Dover-Calais ferry route. The lads know this route from many years ago except this time the enemy will be in Dover as well as a contingent in Calais. I can't remember ever using this ferry service. lt has never been of any interest to me, the cigarettes are too expensive and l almost always fly anyway. Used the ferry crossing to Ireland often but that was never shopping trips. l understand that Dover-Calais has gained a reputation for the HMRC staff there to be akin to Nazis. Most reports put them down as a law unto themselves and indeed power crazy. Take a look at some horror stories of experiences there and judge for yourself h/t daytripper.
Hope my boys want some tobacco to bring back!
So l was thinking, isn't it time to take these HMRC power mad officers to task? Some covert body cameras and such and let the world see how they really behave instead of the crap put out in edited progs such as Border UK.
Actually I've already decided .... yes it is! Time for some Ebay shopping m'thinks :)
EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**