Daytripper is a good site for info but you have to search for it, l found. One particular section is short accounts of tales of woe (scroll down to 'Your experiences')
Reading them makes me ashamed of my own country. But here's the thing ... we are allowing them to do it. There is very rarely any record of the stop by HMRC, it is only the word of the harassed shopper against HMRC.
ln this day and age of technology, this need not be so. There are numerous recording devices on the open market ... and not only audio but video as well. Prices are more than reasonable and a good device can be purchased for under £20. They come in all forms ... pens, keyfobs, sunglasses and such. lt's about time that shoppers started to use them. Post the videos on youtube etc or the audio on blogs.Let the world really see what is going on.
We certainly can't depend on investigative journalism, in fact l wonder if it actually exists anymore. So people, let's 'accidentally' record these HMRC Officers that think it's perfectly ok to rob legitimate UK Shoppers by any means they can.
Time for action, folks!
EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**