EU Cross-Border Shopping Guide
- What Amount of Cigs/Tobacco Can I Buy?
- Do NOT Be Wrongly Branded A Smuggler
- Statement of Truth for Cross-Border Shoppers
- Personal Use Calculator for Cigs/Tobacco
- About Us
- How to Record ALL UKBA lnterviews
- Help Fellow Cross-Border Shoppers NOW!
- Vehicle Seizures
- EU tobacco/cigarette prices
- Video/Audio of Real UKBA Stop, Search, Interviews
- The Day We Beat and Outed the UKBA In Court!
- Shopping for Tobacco in Bulgaria? ..You NEED this!
- Extra Tips for dealing with Customs
- CONTACT US
- **Appeals Against Seizure ... The Process**
Soviet Soldiers Become Superheroes Overnight
"It’s unclear who transformed this Soviet army monument in Sofia, Bulgaria, but how interesting is this? The artists changed the Russian Red Army soldiers, who led an advance on Nazi-allied Bulgaria during World War II, into superheroes and comic book characters!
The pop art creation with the caption “Abreast with the Times” drew crowds of people over the weekend, posing to have their picture taken with Superman, Santa Claus, Ronald McDonald , Captain America, Batman’s sidekick Robin, and the Joker.
Russia’s embassy in Sofia wasn’t so happy about the brief transformation. “The Russian embassy is again compelled to highlight an outrageous act of vandalism against the Soviet army monument in Sofia,” they said.
But many individuals did not agree with Russia’s government. In fact, 1,700 people rallied on Facebook to protest against the cleaning of the sculpture. Too bad it was all in vain. The monument has since been cleaned up, at a cost of about $720."
l'm a bit late posting this but hey-ho ... it's something l want on my blog. You see, the artwork didn't disappear. There's now t-shirts, hats etc all over Bulgaria with this picture emblazoned on. The Russians are none too pleased about it but the Bulgarians couldn't care less. Amazingly it was done in just one night but the other equally amazing thing is it only cost $720 to clean and was done in less than a day!
lmagine what it would have cost in the UK ... and how long it would have taken!